Stewardship in the Bible is one of the essential lessons you need to learn as a disciple of Christ. But today, stewardship is often misunderstood, partially grasped, or not on anyone’s radar at all. Sometimes it's even confused with tithing in the bible.
So, what do you think about when you hear the word “steward”?
- Do you think about your finances?
- Do you have visions of your church running a giving campaign?
- Does taking care of the environment come to mind?
All of these ideas and much more are parts of what it means to be a steward. But they don't paint a complete picture of the biblical stewardship meaning.
In short: Biblical stewardship is one of the primary ways Christ calls us to live our life.
It’s a theme in the Bible you can trace from Genesis to Revelation. It’s a calling rooted in creation, highlighted throughout the Bible, and influences the way you live your life for the glory of God.
In this post, we're going answer some common questions and highlight the big themes of what it means to be a steward, including:
- What is the definition of stewardship in the Bible?
- Bible verses about stewardship
- Examples of stewardship in the Bible
- Who's the Lord of your life?
Before we dive into Bible verses about stewardship, let’s start by defining what it means to be a steward.