The bible doesn't talk much about online giving for churches or how to do church live streaming, but it's full of encouraging bible verses and scripture to help us in our faith!
Discouragement is something everyone feels—including Christians. I believe that's why the bible is packed with so many encouraging bible verses!
There are times when a single word or an unmet expectation can deplete you of your confidence, deflate your faith, or make you feel disheartened. That's why an encouraging bible verse of the day is so powerful.
Think about it.
- Have you experienced a setback at work?
- Have you ever had a difficult time with one of your kids?
- Are you worried about reopening church after COVID-19?
- Have you ever worried about having enough money to pay your bills?
- Has someone mistreated you at school, work, or online?
- Have you recently had a death in the family?
- Are you facing physical illness?
- Are you looking for church fundraising ideas?
- Are you looking to inspire people to use church giving?
- Or have you ever just felt down?
Anyone of these situations (and many more) can make you feel discouraged. They can take the wind right out of your sails. That's where encouraging bible verses come in!
Now, when you’re disappointed, it’s natural to desire peace in your heart. You want to be comforted. You want different results at work. You want peace in your family. Or you just want your money problems to go away.
There’s nothing wrong with wanting things to be different.
You just have to be careful to lean on encouraging bible verses and not to wallow in self-pity for too long. Indulging in feelings of discouragement will fuel the sinful passions of your flesh (1 Pet. 2:11), and they can become an idol in your life if you chose to turn inward to your feelings instead of turning outward in your faith.
To resolve the disappointment in your life, you cannot avoid challenging relationships, problems at work, or your financial struggles and think they’ll go away. That would be similar to ignoring a deadly disease in your body by avoiding medical help and believing you’re going to be okay.
So how do you fight discouragement? How can you break through the fog of disappointment? Encouraging bible verses anyone?!
There’s only one antidote to discouragement and that's encouragement.
Okay, I know this sounds simplistic, and I’m not talking about reciting a pithy quote from a motivational poster, either.
To defeat discouragement in your life you have to fight for encouragement in Christ and encouraging bible verses are the place to start!
To dislodge discouragement from your heart, you need to kindle the fire of your faith with encouraging Bible verses or simply reading a bible verse of the day.
You see, Jesus Christ not only reveals himself to us through the Bible. He also preserved the Bible to encourage us through the Scriptures so that “we might have hope”(Rom. 15:4). The Bible is a supernatural book, and the words in its pages have been written down to lead you to Christ and fill you with hope in Him.
To help you fight for encouragement in your life, we’re going to share with you a list of encouraging Bible verses (just like we did for tithing in the bible) you can meditate upon and that you can use as a bible verse of the day to fuel your faith in Christ.
In this post, we’re going to share over ...
100 Bible verses that are guaranteed to encourage you:
- Encouraging Bible verses
- Christian encouragement quotes
- Inspirational Bible verses
- Inspirational religious quotes
- Bible verses about strength
Encouraging Bible Verses
Looking for encouraging bible verses that will lift your spirits, encourage your heart, and build your faith? Here are a ton of bible verses to help you!
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Lamentations 3:22-23: “The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- Proverbs 18:10: “The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.”
- Psalm 16:8: “I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.”
- Psalm 23:4: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
- Psalm 31:24: “Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the LORD!”
- Psalm 46:7: “The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”
- Psalm 55:22: “Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
- Psalm 62:6: “He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.”
- Psalm 118:14-16: “The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous: ‘The right hand of the LORD does valiantly, the right hand of the LORD exalts, the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!’”
- Psalm 119:114-115: “You are my hiding place and my shield;I hope in your word. Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commandments of my God.”
- Psalm 119:50: “This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.”
- Psalm 120:1: “In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me.”
- Isaiah 26:3: “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
- Isaiah 40:31: "But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
- Isaiah 41:10: “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Isaiah 43:2: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.”
- Matthew 11:28: “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
- Mark 10:27: “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.’”
- John 16:33: “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11: “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”
- Philippians 4:19: “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
- 1 Peter 5:7: “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”
Encouraging Christian Quotes
- “My home is in heaven. I’m just traveling through this world.” —Billy Graham
- “Meet your fears with faith” —Max Lucado
- “This life was not intended to be the place of our perfection, but the preparation for it.” —Richard Baxter
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” —Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Afflictions are but the shadows of God’s wings.” —George MacDonald
- “Prayer puts God’s work in his hands and keeps it there.” —E.M. Bound
- “God is more glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.” —John Piper
- “You will never need more than he can supply.” —J.I. Packer
26 Inspirational Bible Verses
Looking for encouraging Bible verses that will inspire you through any situation and build your faith? Here are a ton of bible verses to help you!
- Deuteronomy 31:6: “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
- Joshua 1:7: “Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.”
- Nahum 1:7: “The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.”
- Psalm 27:4: “One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.”
- Psalm 34:8: “Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!”
- Proverbs 17:17: “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”
- Isaiah 26:3: “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.”
- John 15:13: “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.”
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- Romans 8:31: “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”
- Romans 8:38-39: For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Romans 15:13: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:12: “For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:58: “Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.”
- 1 Corinthians 16:13: “Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18: “So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”
- Ephesians 3:17-19-21: “So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever.”
- Philippians 3:7-9: “But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith.”
- Hebrews 10:19-23: “Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.”
- Hebrews 12:1-2: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
- 1 Peter 2:9-10: “But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.”
- 1 Peter 2:11: “Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.”
- James 1:2-4: “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.”
- 1 John 3:1-3: “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.”
- 1 John 3:22: “And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.”
20 must-know Inspirational Religious Quotes
- “God will only give you what you would have asked for if you knew everything he knows” ―Timothy J. Keller
- “Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will.” ―Jonathan Edwards
- “Let the consequences of your obedience be left up to God.” ―Oswald Chambers
- “God never made a promise that was too good to be true.” ―Dwight L. Moody
- “We often can't see what God is doing in our lives, but God sees the whole picture and His plan for us clearly.” ―Tony Dungy
- “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” —Max Lucado
- “I’ve read the last page of the Bible. It’s all going to turn out all right.” —Billy Graham
- “When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life.”—Rick Warren
- “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” —Augustine
- “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.” —Hudson Taylor
- “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” —Chuck Swindoll
- “You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read.” —John MacArthur
- “When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” —C.S. Lewis
- “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” —Francis Chan
- “Pray, and let God worry.” —Martin Luther
- “I gave up all for Christ, and what have I found? Everything in Christ.” —John Calvin
- "We are secure, not because we hold tightly to Jesus, but because he holds tightly to us.” —R.C. Sproul
- “Tragedy is a tool for the living to gain wisdom, not a guide by which to live.” —Robert Kennedy
- “Happiness does not depend on outward circumstances, but on the state of the heart.” —J.C. Ryle
- “We don’t drift in good directions. We discipline and prioritize ourselves there.” —Andy Stanley
25 Encouraging Bible Verses About Strength
Looking for encouraging bible verses to give you strength and build your faith? Here are a ton of bible verses to help you!
- Exodus 15:2: “The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.”
- 1 Chronicles 29:12: “Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.”
- Zephaniah 3:17: “The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”
- Nehemiah 8:10: “Then he said to them, ‘Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.’”
- Psalm 8:2: “Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.”
- Psalm 18:1-2: “I love you, O LORD, my strength.The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
- Psalm 27:1: “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Psalm 37:39: “The salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.”
- Psalm 46:1-3: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.”
- Psalm 71:16: “With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.”
- Psalm 119:28: “My soul melts away for sorrow; strengthen me according to your word!”
- Psalm 138:3: “On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.”
- Isaiah 12:2: “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
- Isaiah 40:28-31: “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
- Habakkuk 3:19: “GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments.”
- Matthew 6:34: “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
- Matthew 19:26: “But Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”
- Mark 12:30: “And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.”
- Acts 1:8: “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:16: “So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10: “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- Ephesians 3:16: “That according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being.”
- Ephesians 6:10: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.”
- Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
Whoa! That's a lot of encouraging bible verses for you to read, meditate on, take heart in, gain inspiration from, and use to overcome discouragement in your life.
Check out these additional Bible verse posts
For additional encouraging Bible verses and Bible verse posts, check out these resources:
- 100+ Encouraging Bible Verses & Religious Quotes
- 100 Bible Verses about Prayer and Praying
- 36 Bible Verses about Dads For Father’s Day
- Love You Forever, Mom | Bible Verses About Mothers and Mother's Day
- 100+ Thanksgiving Bible Verses That Will Make You Thankful
- Bible Verses About Mothers for Mother’s Day
- 29 Inspirational Christmas Quotes & Christmas Bible Verses
- Bible Verses About Money & Possessions
- 100+ Thanksgiving Bible Verses That Will Make You Thankful
- Build Your Business on Faith: 55 Bible Verses About Business
- A Biblical Decision-Making Guide: 100 Bible Verses About Making Choices
- 30+ Bible Verses About Saving Money and Investing
- 67 Inspiring Bible Verses About Love and Marriage
- Tithing in the Bible: 100+ Scriptures about Giving and Generosity
- Build Your Business on Faith: 55 Bible Verses About Business
- Bible Verses About Work & Working for God
- Bible Study Topics for Small Groups +Tips on Hosting a Church Small Group
- New Testament Books of the Bible: What You Need to Know
- “The Unforgivable Sin”: A Definitive Guide
Editor’s Note: This post was updated on May 4, 2020 for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
H1 What’s a Rich Text element?
H2 What’s a Rich Text element?
H3 What’s a Rich Text element?
H4 What’s a Rich Text element?
H5 What’s a Rich Text element?
H6 What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
H4 Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
H4 How to customize formatting for each rich text
- List Item 1
- List Item 2
- List Item 3