SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy and security is important to us. TITHE.LY respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide to us. We use information collected to facilitate donation collection and processing, to process registrations and to communicate relevant news and updates. TITHE.LY does not and will not ever trade, license, rent or sell any personal information.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND SUMMARY
TITHE.LY observes the following privacy practices:
- TITHE.LY collects information only for strictly specified purposes.
- We only require that you provide the necessary amount of personal information to provide any service.
- We may ask you for more information about yourself to help us provide you with a more tailored service and additional services, but in such cases, you are not obligated to provide such information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND NOT COLLECTED
Personal information gathered by TITHE.LY is held in the strictest confidence and is secured by industry standard best practices. Personal information is defined as any information about an identifiable individual including information that can be used to recognize, identify or contact a specific individual, whether it concerns an email address, where an individual lives, or which interests, causes and organizations he or she supports. During Registration, Tithe.ly requires individuals to provide contact information, such as name, email address, and address. You may also be asked to provide additional information to confirm your identity for password establishment, re-setting, and for other purposes. Personal information does not include most business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or business telephone or fax number of an employee of an organization, and certain publicly available information. Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we take reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information. We maintain strict administrative, technical, and physical procedures to protect information stored in our servers. Access to information is limited (through user/password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
Tithe.ly may collect information through the use of common information-gathering tools such as web beacons or cookies (“Cookie Information”). A cookie is a small string of text that a website can send to your browser which helps the Site remember and customize your visit. You have the option to delete or decline cookies by changing your browser’s settings. No personally identifiable information is stored in these cookies. Web Beacons and Server Logging.
We may also use single pixel images on the Site or in our emails to you (web beacons). This technology tells us more about browsing, click-tracking, viewing, and buying activity, but none of your Personal Information will be transmitted. Tithe.ly may also collect information from your interaction with the Site, such as statistics in connection with pageviews, IP address, and standard web log information.
When browsing the Site through a mobile phone or mobile application, we will attempt to collect your location through GPS in order to pair you with nearby churches and not-for-profit organizations for donation purposes. You may remove this location sharing authorization.
Children Under 13.
Tithe.ly does not knowingly collect any Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 years of age, we will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from our systems.
TITHE.LY is committed to the following 10 privacy principles:
- TITHE.LY is responsible for personal information in our custody or under our control.
- Identifying Purposes – TITHE.LY collects and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- To allow users to create or register for a TITHE.LY account and to manage those accounts.
- To administer online donations.
- To administer pre-authorized recurring donations.
- To generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal and external use.
- To communicate directly with users, including through TITHE.LY service news and updates, charitable promotions, charitable stories we think will be of interest to you, or other forms of communications.
- To provide client support and help.
- Consent to use your personal information
- TITHE.LY collects personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it or otherwise only with your consent as required by PIPEDA or by other applicable law.
- All personal information collected is done so using industry standard 256 bit SSL encryption.
- We will not, as a condition of the supply of our service, require you to consent to the collection, use or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfill the explicitly specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being provided.
- Upon giving TITHE.LY reasonable notice, a user may withdraw consent to use his or her personal information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact TITHE.LY as described below. We will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent.
- Limiting Collection – TITHE.LY limits the collection of personal information to that which is reasonably necessary for the identified purpose. The types of information TITHE.LY collects can be summarized as follows:
- Personal Information provided to TITHE.LY: TITHE.LY collects certain personal information directly from individuals who interact with our website or otherwise with us, including the following:
- Contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number);
- Financial and billing information (such as credit card number/expiration date, broker and financial advisor information); and
- Donation history (such as amount donated and charities donated to);
- Tax receipt information; and
- Account username and password information.
- Non-Personal Information: When donors, volunteers, charities and other organizations accessTITHE.LY, anonymous, non-personal information about their visit is automatically collected. This information may include the date of the visit, how the visitor uses the website, the length of the visit, what pages the visitor viewed, the type of browser and operating system being used, and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. TITHE.LY may also collect statistics that describe how our visitors use our site. This information might include the average donation amount, the geographic breakdown of donations by area, what times of the day have the heaviest traffic, and which type of charity receives the most gifts. This information, collected in the aggregate, allows TITHE.LY to better serve donors and charities. None of these statistics reveal any personally-identifiable or individual information and TITHE.LY does not use any of this information to identify individuals. In certain cases, for the purposes of fraud detection and mitigation, IP addresses are collected in order to protect Tithe.ly against possible illegal activities.
- Cookie-based Information: When our clients, donors, volunteers, and other constituents accessTITHE.LY, a small text file called a “cookie” is sent from our web server to their web browser and is stored on their computer. Cookies allow us to recognize users while he or she is logged into the TITHE.LY website. Cookies expire when the browser window is closed. Session Cookies employed by TITHE.LY are strictly used to perform the function that the user intended, such as keeping the user logged into the service in a secure fashion and processing transactions and gathering donations into a Gift Basket. Some browsers can be set to reject all cookies. If you choose to modify your browser in this manner, some pages of this website may not function properly.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- TITHE.LY does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as permitted or required by law.
- TITHE.LY does not disclose credit card account information provided by users except to the appropriate banking institutions or payment processing provider in order to process a credit or debit authorization for payment, or to resolve a dispute.
- TITHE.LY may have to disclose personal information to satisfy a law, regulation or government request, or to satisfy a subpoena, search warrant or legitimate court order.
- TITHE.LY may share personal information with third parties engaged to assist us in providing our services. Such third parties are contractually bound to protect your personal information as explained above under “Accountability”.
- TITHE.LY reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of TITHE.LY in order for you to continue to receive the same services from the third party.
- TITHE.LY retains personal information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, and your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
- Accuracy – TITHE.LY takes reasonable effort to keep personal information accurate, complete and as up to date as is necessary for the purposes that is being used. Individuals are permitted to check on the accuracy of their personal information and may make, or request, modifications or corrections, if necessary. TITHE.LY depends on individuals and organizations to help it in maintaining the completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of the information collected. You must log-in to your TITHE.LY online account to update, modify, correct or delete your personal information.
- TITHE.LY makes commercially reasonable efforts to protect personal information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, copying, use, modification, disclosure and destruction by establishing and maintaining appropriate security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information.
- All TITHE.LY staff members are made aware of the need to maintain strict confidentiality of all personal information and receive training on data security practices and how to properly handle personal information.
- In addition to training all TITHE.LY personnel, further safeguards are put into place by only allowing specific individuals access to personal information for customer support purposes. Access to information is limited (through username/password credentials and software systems) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information.
- TITHE.LY uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to help ensure the safety and security of online donations. SSL technology enables encryption (scrambling) of sensitive information, including passwords and credit card numbers, during your online transactions.
- With respect to the handling of credit card information, TITHE.LY adheres to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and uses the facilities of a PCI DSS compliant payment processor to securely store your payment card details. Detailed audit logs of all transactional information are kept for record keeping and backup purposes. TITHE.LY does not touch or store any payment card or bank account information on it’s servers or platforms.
- TITHE.LY has thorough security standards to protect our systems and your personal information against unauthorized access and use. This includes the security protections required by PCI compliance as well as specific procedures to keep your donation information secure and private.
- Individual Access – Upon request TITHE.LY will:
- Inform users of the existence and use of their personal information.
- Inform users whether their personal information has been disclosed to any authorized third parties.
- Provide users with access to their personal information in our custody or under our control subject to legal restrictions. Requests are to be directed to email@example.com TITHE.LY will make every effort to respond to requests for access to personal information in a reasonable and timely manner.
ADDITIONAL USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
By providing Personal Information on the Site during Registration, you consent to Tithe.ly’s use of your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from Tithe.ly, you may unsubscribe in the marketing email or communication sent to you by following the instructions in that communication. Tithe.ly does not participate in bulk email solicitations that you have not consented to receiving (i.e., “spam”). Tithe.ly does not sell or disclose client lists or email address lists to unrelated third parties. Except as otherwise provided herein, Tithe.ly does not share Personal Information with any third party advertisers. However, Tithe.ly may share aggregated anonymous information with third party advertisers, but this aggregated anonymous information cannot be matched with you personally unless you voluntarily share your Personal Information with the third party advertisers.
“Contact Us”, Customer Support, or Troubleshooting.
Information provided by users as part of a request that Tithe.ly contact or follow up with as part of the “Contact Us” feature on the Site will be used by Tithe.ly to contact you and discuss your concerns or interest in Tithe.ly’s Products and Services. We may use your information to provide customer support or troubleshooting in the connection with your use of our Products or Services. Mailing Lists. By registering to use Tithe.ly’s Services or purchasing Products and Services, you will be added to Tithe.ly’s mailing list or other mailing lists that we provide for your convenience. You may unsubscribe from Tithe.ly’s mailing lists at any time by clicking on the opt-opt line at the bottom of each E-newsletter or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Unfortunately, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Tithe.ly attempts to protect all Personal Information, Tithe.ly cannot ensure or warrant that Personal Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. Tithe.ly will notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your Personally Identifiable Information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The Site may contain links to websites not affiliated with Tithe.ly. Your use of an external website or any informational content found on an external websites is subject to and governed by the terms and guidelines of those website(s). Tithe.ly does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of this Site. The Tithe.ly is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external website.
If you ever wish to access your Personal Information, or to have your Personal Information deleted, updated, changed or modified, you may do so by contacting Tithe.ly by email at email@example.com. To cancel your account and have your Personal Information returned to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests to update information will be handled within thirty (30) days.
Last Updated: 6/11/2016